Lakewood Crime Watch is a robust program provided by the Lakewood Neighborhood Association. The Crime Watch mission is to help provide residents a safe, secure environment through proactive efforts to reduce crime in the neighborhood. Please contact us with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Regular Patrols by armed, off-duty Dallas Police officers in marked patrol cars deter crime and provide a quicker response time to 911 calls and alarms.
- Periodic crime statistic reports.
- Tips for protecting your family and property
The program is funded entirely by annual subscriptions. The more residents who participate, the more hours officers can patrol the neighborhood.
- Keep your Crime Watch representative informed so that he or she can alert neighbors.
- Volunteer to become a District Coordinator or Block Captain.
- Secure your own property by keeping doors and windows locked, including your garage and gates, make sure entrances are well-lighted and work with your neighbors to look out for each other.
District Coordinators & Block Captains
District Coordinator Responsibilities (one coordinator per district):
- Recruit new Crime Watch members
- Coordinate Block Captains within your district
- Assist Chairperson in overall program
Block Captain Responsibilities:
- Distribute information, such as newsletters or updated material from the Crime Watch Coordinator or Lakewood Neighborhood Association Board.
- Identify and/or work with Block Captains
- Keep each household’s information up-to-date, with the current names, e-mail addresses, contact phone numbers, and other enrollment information. Note significant emergency or safety-related information such as medical problems, anybody staying at home all day, frequent travel, etc.
- Create a block email list and phone tree, coordinate block meetings, and block parties, etc. (like a “social director”.)